Today, a rare man in the street does not use a PC or smartphone with access to the Internet. However, few people pay due attention to the security of their personal data.
Talking to one of my acquaintances about the incorrect display of the blog, I spent a long time trying to find out what kind of Internet browser he uses. I learned the following: «there is something blue on the label.» There is no need to talk about other knowledge of this user.
So, you are the owner of a PC that is connected to the Network. All online protection is divided into 2 large-scale modules: rules for safe Internet surfing and security software.
Everything in order …
1. Download, install and configure the firewall. This program prevents intruders from gaining access to your PC. At the same time, many «techies» recommend disabling the firewall initially integrated into the OS. Better to download verified third party solutions.
2. Install antivirus software. There are many of them today. In this case, you need to remember that it is prohibited to install two such software at the same time, because they will come into conflict with each other, which can lead to very sad consequences.
3. Work on the registry. For example, the Regedit program is suitable for this.
4. The built-in netstat program can be used. It is launched using the command line (called by the cmd command). With it, you can see exactly how the Internet connection is being used.
5. Additionally, it is desirable to monitor the network load. If you happen to see some kind of activity without your participation, then this indicates a problem.
Helpful Tips for Safe Internet Surfing
1. To visit various kinds of Internet resources, it is advisable to use less popular browsers, because vulnerabilities are rarely looked for in them.
2. Disable active JAVA elements and accept cookies.
3. Always check the domain name to avoid problems. The fact is that attackers often substitute characters in the domains of known resources in order to obtain personal information.
4. Do not follow unfamiliar links, especially from spam.
5. Use https — a secure internet connection.
Online security is a huge area. Within the framework of this article, only the main recommendations are presented. However, there are many nuances.